The Barney Paskiet Memorial Trade Scholarship
In honor of the legacy of OCP Founder, Barney Paskiet, OCP Contractors Inc. has created The Barney Paskiet Memorial Trade Scholarship Program. This scholarship will provide a total of $9,000 in financial assistance to deserving Ohio students who are interested in entering the trades and studying Carpentry, Plastering, Painting and Taping specifically. The $9,000 in funding will be divided up to grant three exemplary 12th grade students with $3,000 each to pursue their dreams in the trades. One student will be awarded in each of the Cleveland, Toledo and Columbus, Ohio regions.
Ohio Ceiling and Partition, founded in 1968 by Barney Paskiet, began with a mission to construct with integrity, safety, and excellence in mind. Beginning solely in the Toledo market, OCP quickly grew a reputation for excellence with consistently well constructed projects.
Barney’s passion for people and community introduced OCP to small commercial jobs and even residential jobs within the Toledo area. After repeated project success, the opportunity to work on high-profile jobs became standard within the business. With each show of skilled workmanship, OCP’s reputation grew into the commercial market allowing for expansion in the Ohio market with offices in Cleveland and Columbus now as well.
Through Barney Paskiet's vision, consistent innovation, skill, quality, passion and a superior workforce (to name a few), OCP is proud to continue defining the skyline as the contractors of choice.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS SIMPLE
The Barney Paskiet Memorial Trade Scholarship is a $3,000 scholarship that was created to provide financial support for students (like you) in our communities. Applying for the scholarship is simple; 1. complete a 1000-word essay 2. submit two letters of recommendation 3. complete the form below.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions on the application process, please contact us at email@example.com
- This scholarship will provide financial assistance to deserving NW Ohio students who are interested in entering the trades and becoming a Carpenter, Plasterer, Painter or Drywall Finisher specifically.
Eligibility Criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- 1. Must be a high school senior.
- 2. Must be enrolled in Career Connections/Public Vocational Tech Program/School to Work Program or another similar program.
- 3. Preference will be given to students interested in pursuing Carpentry/Plastering/Painting/Drywall Finishing.
- 4. Must express interest in joining a construction apprenticeship program upon graduation.
- 5. Must have a valid driver’s license or demonstrate that a driver’s license will be acquired before starting the apprenticeship program.
- 6. A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 2.0 is required.
- 7. Must be a citizen of the United States and a permanent resident of Ohio.
Scholarship disbursement schedule:
- 1. $500 – contingent upon getting accepted in the union trades.
- 2. $500 – 3 months working as an apprentice in the trades for OCP Contractors, Inc.
- 3. $2000 – 1 year working as an apprentice for OCP Contractors, Inc.
Must meet the following criteria at the time of the scholarship disbursement:
- 1. Must have been accepted in the trades.
- 2. Must be able to pass a drug test at the time of application to an apprenticeship program
Application Method: Submit a Scholarship Application through our website below.
Additional/Special requirements for application:
- 1. Write a 1000-word essay stating why you should be receiving the scholarship.
- 2. Two letters of recommendations. One must be from your teacher or guidance counselor and the second one can be from someone who can confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria and describe your professional excellence.
One-time award: This is a one-time award and may not be renewed for subsequent years.
- 03-15-19 Scholarship Applications OPEN.
- 06-15-19 Scholarship Applications CLOSE at 11:59 pm.
- 07-01-19 The Successful Applicant will be notified by email.