OCP’s Employees of Choice are individuals who exemplify the qualities and characteristics that have made our 50 years of success possible. Employees of Choice are employees in the field and office who lead by action to advance safety, productivity, and innovation on projects. Additionally, these employees are consistent, dependable, and contribute to the betterment of the team. Thanks to the hard work of these individuals, OCP has proudly become the interior Contractor of Choice.
Employees of Choice - April 2021
OCP Would Like to Recognize...
- Position: Foreman
- Length of Employment with OCP: 10 Years
- Industry Tenure: 16 Years
"Luke will be the foreman in charge of our Scioto Peninsula Project. Luke has been with OCP for 10 years here in the Columbus office. He enjoys pool, his daughter’s softball, and just about anything outdoors. We appreciate Luke’s commitment to OCP and look forward to many more years to come." -Vince Styles, General Superintendent
- What has been the highlight of your career in construction?
- I enjoy building midrise buildings.
- What is your favorite aspect of your job?
- I enjoy all the various aspects.
- What would you tell another person interested in joining the industry?
- It is not as easy as it looks.
- Position: Prefab Foreman
- Length of Employment with OCP: 16 Years
- Industry Tenure: 20 +Years
"Matt is our prefab foreman here in Cleveland, he is often working with our brand-new apprentices in the shop and training the OCP way. Matt does a great job preparing them for leaving our shop and heading to their first construction site.
Matt serves as an exemplary role model by consistently demonstrating a commitment to upholding company values and encouraging others to do the same. He remains constructive and open to ideas and compromises in situations where opposing ideas and opinions are being discussed.
He has the ability to come up with innovative solutions to unexpected problems. Matt is able to set goals that are both ambitious and attainable and then execute on these effectively. Matt consistently finds ways to make the best use of his time and meet deadlines in a very busy role." -Jason Vandevender, General Superintendent
- What was your favorite project you worked on?
Christie’s Cabaret in Cleveland, I remodeled all the VIP rooms, it was a fun project.
- Fun Fact:
- I have worked in the construction industry since my first job at 13 years old hanging drywall.
- Do you have any hobbies outside of work?
I am a musician in multiple bands, I play drums and the base.
- Position: Painter
- Length of Employment with OCP: 3 Years
- Industry Tenure: 12 Years
"Steve has been part of our painting team for a few years now. I had the opportunity to sit with Steve and his family at a Christmas party a couple of years ago. He has an awesome family. I'm so glad to have teammates like Steve and know he has the support from his family. Steve is currently working on our Fremont High School project, where he has done some excellent finish paint work. It's a relief to know Steve will be able to take his talents down to the largest OCP paint project we have ever done. Thanks for everything you and your family are doing to make OCP better." - Chris Gunderman General Superintendent
- What brought you to the construction industry and what made you stay?
- My grandfather was a great carpenter who built grandfather clocks. We were very close, and I was able to help him with several projects. I gained my love and passion for working with my hands during that time. My dad and grandfather instilled strong work ethics in me, which has stuck.
- What hobbies do you have outside of work?
- Anything that I can do to spend time with my son, like nerf gun wars or wrestling. I like outdoor sports such as fishing and spending time with my family.
- What advice would you give a new employee?
Work hard, be positive and be able to take direction from tenured employees. It's beneficial to learn from others.