- Position: Drywall Finisher Foreman
- Industry Tenure: 25 Years
- Length of Employment with OCP: 35 Years
"Rich is a very valued employee at OCP. There have been times when Rich has been involved with fast pace and out of the ordinary jobs and he always goes into the situation professionally and with a positive attitude. His jobs always meet the deadline and the quality that is expected from OCP.
Thanks, Rich for all that you have done and continue to do for OCP!"- Matt Maas, Toledo General Superintendent
"I have had the opportunity to work right beside Rich on many large projects including the Cedar Point Breakers Hotel remodel, St. Clare Retirement Village, and many more. On this [Summa] project, I was able to see the level of pride and professionalism he puts into his work as an installer and foreman. Rich is able to push his crews to get products and have fun at the same time. He is also the master of caulking! Hands down the best caulk installer OCP Toledo has." -Chris Gunderman, Toledo General Superintendent
- What would you tell another person interested in joining the industry?
- It is a great way to make a living with health benefits, without the burden of student loans. Here you are able to get all of your training on the job with a pension. Additionally, you are able to see the completion of major jobs.
- What has been the highlight of your career in construction?
- The satisfaction of being a leader and being a friend to the guys I work with.
- What advice would you give a new employee that just joined OCP?
- Make sure you get to work on time and work as hard as you can with the best of your ability. Treat others the way you would want to be treated.
- What do you enjoy outside of work?
- I enjoy boating, camping and golfing. I like to golf a lot. I think OCP has been great. I have been here for 25 years and I probably have another 12 years since I just bought a new boat!