- Position: Apprentice
- Industry Tenure: 1 Year
- Length of Employment with OCP: 1 Year
"Steven started with us at one of the largest projects in OCP Toledo's history, Generations of Care ProMedica. Despite being placed into a job with over 90 OCP trades people, and 25 of which were his fellow apprentice, Steven was able to make space for himself and stand out among everyone. He has come a long way in his time with OCP and continues to grow in his trade. He is definitely one of our up-and-coming carpenters. Someone to keep an eye on." - Chris Gunderman, Toledo Superintendent
"Steven has shown a vast improvement since his first day out here on the job. He has shown a willingness to learn his job correctly and also keeps an open mind while learning from multiple journeyman on the job, which is a huge asset in this trade. It says a lot about him as a person. Keep up the good work." - Nate Valentine, Lead Foreman
- What do you value most about OCP?
- They’ve always treated me right. My checks are on time and correct. Every employee that I’ve worked with so far from OCP have always taken the time to teach me the correct and most efficient ways to do my trade.
- What is your favorite aspect of your job?
- Never a dull moment. Every day that I work a learn a few new things, and I’m sure I’ll be learning for the rest of my career. The latest thing I’ve learned is how to put top track up correctly.
- What hobbies do you have outside of work?
- I enjoy going out and shooting trap with my friends. Golfing with my father. And during football season I enjoy watching football.